Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Uncalled-for Uncomfortableness

I have always thought it to be funny about places/situations that people seem to be uncomfortable in.  I was reminded the other day of one of the top spots this happens as I was cruising to the IEP office on the 10th floor of the Data building here in Auckland city.  Can you guess it?...happens just about everytime I am in one.  People dont talk, there is usually silence...everyone turns and faces one way, like they are watching a show...I mean, can we not be friends for 30 seconds or 1 minute or how ever long it takes to get to the next floor?  You can feel people wanting the doors to hurry up and open because they dont like the uncalled-for uncomfortableness.  What I mean here is there is usually an awkward silence that is set as soon as another person steps on.  Why I ask?  It’s pretty amusing if you think about it.  I am sure everyone can relate to this, and as soon as you step on your next elevator you will begin laughing.  I say we should throw a curveball at people...next time you step onto one, stay facing the direction of everybody...they wont know what is going on!  That’ll be hilarious!  

Amusing situations encountered on a daily basis.  Happy Elevating!

No comments:

Post a Comment